The main points of the disclaimer are:
- All repairs carried out at Repair Café Portsmouth (RCP) are performed at the visitor’s own risk. The advice and repair service is conducted by experienced volunteers and there is no charge, but donations are welcome to cover costs including the purchase of tools and equipment and the development of the service.
- Please Note: Dangerous tools and equipment are present and sometimes used in repairs. Parents must exercise control over, and be responsible for, the behaviour of their children whilst attending a Repair Café session.
- All visitors are required to complete this registration form for RCP records before any repairs can be contemplated. All information is treated with the utmost confidence. If you leave an email address, you will be added to our email list and reminded of future events.
- Visitors are expected to remain with the repairer whilst the repair is being carried out, in order to see how the repair is being done and to pick up new skills. Items should not be left with the repairer and collected at a later time.
- Neither the organisers of RCP nor the repairers in personal capacities or otherwise are liable for any accidental damage that may occur to either visitors’ goods (including vehicles) or personal effects during visitors’ time at the sessions, or for any loss or injury whatsoever that may result from any repair carried out or for any advice or instructions given and used at a later date.
- The visitor is responsible for providing any consumables such as leads, plugs, fuses, zips, etc. that may be needed to fully complete a repair.
- Repairers offer no guarantee for any repairs carried out with or without their help and are not liable if any repaired items do not work properly at home or breaks down again.
- Repairers are entitled to refuse to repair certain objects.
- Visitors are responsible for the removal of all items that cannot be repaired.
- A maximum of ONE item per person will be examined. Should time allow, extra items may be considered for examination and assessment.
- RCP takes no responsibility in any form whatever for any item, repaired or otherwise, once it has left the premises where the Repair Café session is taking place. Visitors are responsible for arranging for any electrical items to be PAT safety tested after repair.
It is always assumed that when the disclaimer has been signed by the customer, they have read, understood and fully accepted the house rules.